More Purty

Done with finals, I decided to hack on EggIconChooser some more. Mostly minor UI tweaks, small bugfixes, and some changes that’d been sitting on my disk for a long while. Anyhow, here’s the results:

Advertisements

7 Comments

1. non-english says:

i do not really like user interfaces that emphasize using of prepositions. this is not about ui really, but this could be wery bad for translation teams, especially non-indoeuropean languages that do not use prepositions so heavily.

2. aam says:

I like it.

But where is the path editor to look for another icons?

3. quinn says:

That’s looking nice– any chance some of those enhancements will find their way into GtkIconView, or is EggIconCHooser too different?

4. Travis Reitter says:

Thank you, sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar!

I thought about something like this a year ago or so.. seemed like some low-hanging fruit.

5. Mike MacCana says:

I like it lots.

A suggestions: if I’ve just created a link to a binary called ‘evolution’ or ‘firefox’ or whatever, could it select an icon whose file name matches automatically?

Thanks.

Mike

6. Jimbob says:

(Figured I’d get around to replying to all these now, when nobody is paying attention anymore ;-))

non-english: Hmmm, I wasn’t considering translation problems when crafting it. I’ll storm about some alternatives.

aam: There’s an “other” item in the combobox that uses a FileChooser.

quinn: GtkIconView is more of a general “show me a bunch of data from a GtkTreeModel in a grid” widget (at least in 2.7), and EggIconChooser uses it to display icons from an icon theme. So the short answer is “no” :-).

Mike: That feature is outside the scope of the widget, but the “dot-desktop editor” widget that the panel and nautilus use could easily set the selected icon to match the executable name if it used EggIconChooser.

7. raszi says: