I added some stuff to the iconchooser in libegg (EggIconChooserDialog, proper resizing via GtkFileChooserEmbed) yesterday; it appears to work properly…
In job-related news, I spent my first days at work—more like a total of 6 hours, since the university only allows student employees to work 43 hours in two weeks—getting a walkthrough of the systems and installing debian unstable. For those who wish to do a debian XFS setup, note that at least one of the sarge+xfs netinst ISO images out there do not actually support XFS from inside the installer—you’ve got to manually create it from a root-shell. I didn’t deduce that until after I had it all up and working with EXT3, which sucks. I may yet do some munging with one of those external drives and a Fedora CD I’ve got to convert things over to XFS, but I’ve got other stuff to worry about.
Namely, getting the box configured so it authenticates with the NT domain controller in the office. The idea is to have the user accounts on the primary domain controller, and the Unix home directories on an NFS share, and then use winbind, samba, and pam to get it all to play nice together. Good case scenario is getting it to avoid /etc/passwd and just authenticate with the PDC. Unfortunately, in my bullheaded attempts to get plain login working, I somehow managed to convince the PDC to overwrite the XP partition’s “machine account,” preventing dual-boot from being of any use. So this weekend I’ve got to research admining an NT domain controller, and getting it to work with a dual-boot setup.
I’ve also got to figure out how to get a Wiki up and running—at the moment, all the IT knowledge in the organization resides in the heads of the three employees. The Wiki is my “official” project, so I’ll probably end up spending a fair amount of time just documenting what already exists and bitching at people to update the Wiki when they change something.